Soapstone Pizza Stone Care & Maintenance
Soapstone pizza/grilling stones are an amazing and powerful natural stone. They are a special natural stone and to get the most from your pizza/grilling stone you should consider the following tips:
- The first time you use your pizza/grilling stone, it is recommended that you scrub your pizza stone with soap and water before using it to guarantee that it is completely clean.
- Before using your pizza/grilling stone it is recommended to apply a small amount of vegetable oil on both sides of the pizza stone. Set the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for two hours.
- The reason soapstone is great for cooking is that it has amazing thermal properties and maintains the heat for long periods of time. That’s why it is important for you to make sure your pizza/grilling stone is completely cooled to room temperature before handling.
- To get the best cooking results, allow your pizza/grilling stone to reach the desired temperature before placing your uncooked pizza on the stone.
- Soapstone pizza/grilling stones reach the temperature set on the oven or grill.. Soapstone pizza/grilling stones are the only stones that retains the temperature for long periods of time.
- To clean your soapstone pizza/grilling stone use warm water and mild soap detergent. Use a brush or metal scraper, if necessary. Don’t worry about scratching your soapstone as you can easily sand out with 120 grit sandpaper